2012 Charles Wetmore Cabernet Sauvignon
Rich aromas of black cherry, mocha and a subtle hint of vanilla from the oak join lush flavors of cherry, chocolate and oak on the palate. With balanced acidity and a fullbodied mouthfeel, this wine delivers a bold, long-lasting finish.
For five generations, our family has been dedicated to the art of winemaking and to the philosophy that the quality of a wine originates in the vineyard. Our estate grown Charles Wetmore Cabernet Sauvignon is named after one of the Livermore Valley’s most prominent pioneers, California’s first agricultural commissioner renowned for planting vine cuttings from many of Bordeaux’s top Châteaux in the temperate Livermore Valley in the 1880s. The descendants of vines Wetmore brought from France thrive today in the gravelly loam soils of our certified sustainable estate vineyards between the Arroyo del Valle and the Arroyo Mocho, streams flowing from the southern hills of the Livermore Valley. From their origins in Margaux in the 19th century to the present, only the best of these Cabernet Sauvignon vines have been selected for each new generation planted. And they are prized for making wines with intensity, depth of flavor, and rich, lush body.
The various components were fermented separately in upright stainless steel tanks where it was gently pumped over twice daily, increasing the extraction of aromas and textures.
14 months in American, French, Eastern European and neutral oak barrels.
- 94 points, Beverage Dynamics, Sept/Oct 2014
- 91 points, Toronto Star, Canada, May 2015
- 90 points, Tasting Panel Magazine, December 2014
- Gold, Sunset International Wine Competition, June 2015
- Silver, Alameda County Wine Competition, June 20015
- Silver, San Francisco International Wine Competition, June 2015
- Silver, Seattle Wine & Food Experience, February 2015
- Silver, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, January 2015