2011 Charles Wetmore Cabernet Sauvignon
Our 2011 Charles Wetmore Cabernet Sauvignon has aromas and flavors of black cherry, chocolate, and green olive. With balanced acidity and a full-bodied mouthfeel, this wine delivers a bold, long-lasting finish.
One of the Livermore Valley’s most prominent pioneers, Charles Wetmore is honored with our finest expression of the noble Cabernet Sauvignon. The descendants of vines Wetmore brought from France in the 19th century thrive today in the gravelly loam soils of our estate vineyards between the Arroyo del Valle and the Arroyo Mocho, streams flowing from the southern hills of the Livermore Valley. From their origins in Margaux in the 1880’s to the present, only the best of these Cabernet Sauvignon vines have been selected for each new generation planted. And they are prized for making wines with intensity, depth of flavor, and rich, lush body.
This wine was fermented in upright stainless steel tanks and pumped over twice daily.
This wine was aged for 14 months in American, French, Eastern European and neutral oak barrels.
- 89 points, Wine Enthusiast, August 2014
- Gold, Sunset International Wine Competition, June 2014
- Silver, California State Fair Wine Competition, June 2014
- Silver, Alameda County Wine Competition, May 2014
- Silver, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, January 2014