Whole Wheat Pasta Dough
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour (or farina flour)
- 2 1/3 cups Whole wheat flour
- 7 Egg yolks
- 3 Whole eggs
- 1/2 oz Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Combine all ingredients in mixer at a low speed and bring together. Once all ingredients come together mix for about 3 minutes.
- Coat dough with flour and wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so the dough can relax.
- Roll out dough with your pasta machine and cut into spaghetti, pappardelle, or use for ravioli.
- Garnish with your favorite seafood and/or vegetables.
Chef’s Tip: I love whole wheat pasta dough for its earthiness. I also love that earthy combination with spring vegetables like spring peas, green garlic, spring onion, and fava beans. If you love making pasta dough at home, try this whole wheat pasta recipe paired with Wente Vineyards Riva Ranch Chardonnay. Enjoy!